We are NHS dentists based in Ipswich in Suffolk
At Foxhall Dental Surgery; whilst we offer a wide range of cosmetic dental treatments, we are also firm believers in dental care for all. As such we do offer some dental services on the NHS for patients who are eligible.
These service are designed to keep a patient’s teeth in good overall health but do exclude procedures such as teeth whitening which are done solely for cosmetic reasons.
A good level of dental health care is essential to ensure that all generations maintain good oral health. Below is a list of treatments available on the NHS in their relevant bands.
Dental Treatment - Band 1
Dental treatments that are available in Band 1 are as follows:
- Examination and Assessment
- Orthodontic inspection and assessment
- Advice and planning of any treatment
- X-rays as needed
- Dental moulds to assess bite
- Photography where needed
- General dental and oral health advice eg how to floss
- Fluoride or sealants
- Scale and Polish - only if it is clinically necessary.
- Minor filling adjustments
- Adjustment of dentures and orthodontics
- Treatment of sensitive cementum (root tissues)
- Emergency treatment
Dental Treatments - Band 2
Dental treatments available under band two cover those mentioned above, plus the following:
- Non surgical treatment of periodontitis. This may include root planning and/or deep cleaning of the root of the tooth
- Removal of gum tissue where necessary due to gum disease
- Gingival grafts - Where tissue from the roof of the mouth is used to cover exposed root.
- Dental Fillings
- Sealing of small holes or grooves in the teeth.
- Root canal procedures
- Removal of dental pulp
- Removal of the tip of a root
- Transplanting teeth
- Extraction of teeth
- Cyst removal and other oral surgery
- Oral soft tissue surgery
- Surgery needed to the tissue connecting the tongue, lips and cheeks to the jawbone
- Relining and rebasing dentures
- Denture additions (eg the adding of a tooth)
- Splinting of loose teeth
- Bite raising appliances (excludes those made in laboratories)
Dental Treatment - Band 3
Band 3 dental treatments can include those listed in bands 1 and 2 above plus the addition of the following:
- Veneers and palatal veneers where applicable
- Restoration of damaged teeth by use of inlays, pinlays or onlays
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridges
- Orthodontic treatment and appliances e.g. dental braces
- Custom made appliances (excludes sports guards)
Please note that some of the treatments above such as dental braces and veneers are only available on the NHS where there is a clinical need for them. Anyone wishing to have these for cosmetic purposes are not able to have them on the NHS.